Wage Hope at PurpleStride. The walk to end pancreatic cancer.
Wage Hope to end pancreatic cancer
My mom, Cathy Sicard, was diagnosed last year (2018) on Mother’s Day with stage four pancreatic cancer. It has opened a new world to our family. Everything happened so fast. On June 15th, 2018, mom passed away and was reunited with her Mom and Dad. Pancreatic Cancer is a fast acting cancer.
Pancreatic cancer is the deadliest kind of cancer. If the person you live with uses Tums much more than you do, get checked for Pancreatic Cancer. 55,440 people will be diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and it will take 44,330 lives from us this year. If caught early your odds of living 5 years is only 32%. Practically unchanged in 40 years is that 53% of the persons diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer are diagnosed with a Stage 4 cancer that has metastases to other organs. The 5-year survival rate for these individuals is 2%, for the other 98%, The median survival rate is 2 to 8 months.
PC is so deadly is because there are no obvious symptoms and there is no cure. Pancreatic cancer has the highest mortality rate! 91% of pancreatic cancer patients will die within the first 5 years and only 9% will survive more than 5 years. 74% of the people diagnosed will die within the first year.
Our team has stepped up to Wage Hope at PurpleStride, the walk to end pancreatic cancer.Will you help us rewrite the future of this disease by making a donation today?
Every dollar that you donate ensures that the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network can continue working to create better outcomes for pancreatic cancer patients and their families. By donating to our team, you are supporting vital efforts to double pancreatic cancer survival by 2020.
Purple ribbons aren’t enough. Please join us in the fight today.